SOMETHING AWESOME is a Multiple Graded Stakes Winner, retired from racing with a record of 31 starts, 9 wins, 3 seconds and 6 thirds, earning $1,312,526! He was foaled April 11, 2011, sired by AWESOME AGAIN out of SOMETHINABOUTLAURA, BY DANCE FLOOR.
Second Stride is so proud to have this gorgeous and extremely personable guy as our thoroughbred ambassador. Thank you to Adena Springs for trusting us with his care and transition to a new career after racing. Something Awesome is in charge of greeting visitors to our Oldham County, Kentucky farm location.
Visit our farm to learn about Second Stride, and see our amazing adoptable thoroughbreds preparing for new careers. Tours last 1 hour and can be booked by appointment at flexible times and days. For best availability please request tours with as much notice as possible. This is an outdoor walking tour, so dress accordingly. Visitors will leave with a gift from the Bluegrass!
Experiences may include:
- meeting and greeting retired racehorses in barns and paddocks
- watching training sessions, for skills they need that they may not have learned as racehorses
- observing how horses are evaluated and prepared for adoption
- learning about the many different jobs in which these horses can excel
- we’ll delve briefly into our program’s history and spotlight some unique success stories.
To visit Something Awesome, and take a tour of our facility, contact: email@example.com
photos by Gwen Davis