UNIQUE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY!
Second Stride seeks personable and motivated interns who have experience working with horses (or a willingness to learn) to administer MagnaWave sessions to the horses at Second Stride. Based in Louisville, MagnaWave is the leading industry provider of pulsed electro-magnetic fields (PEMF) for animals including horses, livestock and pets. MagnaWave is used to address a range of physical needs including pain management, inflammation reduction, and support for joints and muscles. MagnaWave has a global practitioner base of over 2,000 certified practitioners and holds the largest PEMF conference in the world every other year. This internship offers the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with transitioning thoroughbreds while becoming a MagnaWave-certified PEMF practitioner – an industry credential that can serve as a career launchpad in the equine or companion animal industries.
Location: Chorleywood Farm, Prospect, Kentucky
- Administer MagnaWave sessions (approximately 30-45 minutes long) to horses on-site at Second Stride’s farm
- Document the session and swiftly communicate any challenges or problems encountered to Second Stride staff
- Track and provide case study metrics/stories on individual horses and specific injuries
- Participate in online and in-person training provided by MagnaWave to understand how PEMF works and how to administer it to horses
- Present a capstone case study featuring key learnings at the end of the internship
- Experience working with horses or willingness to learn how to safely handle them
- Strong verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail
- Computer skills capable of tracking progress and case study notes
- Become a certified MagnaWave practitioner – an industry credential typically costing approximately $1,000 to acquire. Certified MagnaWave practitioners have access to a practitioner portal providing a range of professional resources including: client leads, business starter courses and entry into professional development groups.
- Learn through MagnaWave’s corporate training program consisting of 25+ hours of online, self-paced classes, and by attending MagnaWave’s small group in-person training classes.
- Gain hands-on experience, customized to your skill level and interests, working with transitioning thoroughbreds at an organization with connections to leading horse trainers, veterinarians and horse racing industry notables.
- Shadow the staff at Second Stride conducting horse training sessions and during meetings with vets, adopters, and other visitors.
- Flexible schedule
- Please note this internship does not offer monetary compensation
Internship Duration: November 2023 – April 2024
Time Commitment: Must be on-site for 1-2 working sessions per week at Chorleywood Farm in Prospect; each session will last 3-4 hours depending on the number of horses requiring therapy
Apply: Email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “MagnaWave Internship” in the subject line. Briefly detail the following:
- Your experience working with horses or why you are interested in learning to work with them
- Why you are interested in the internship and learning to administer MagnaWave sessions
- How the time commitment required by the internship fits into your other academic or professional commitments